The Library

Give in to the temptation...

Fresh Chatter

Copyright Notice

Creative Commons License
This work, excepting where specified otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License. The header image was clicked by Tray Ratcliffe and modified in Photoshop by me.. Source Image here. Thanks a bunch Tray!
IndiBlogger - Network of Indian Bloggers IndiBlogger - Network of Indian Bloggers IndiBlogger - Network of Indian Bloggers
And I'm also on Blogadda. Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs
I also use Google Analytics!!

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Other Choice...

Flora in Solitude
Flora in Solitude


One evening while sitting on the lawn, I looked up and I saw this tree. It was a really picturesque scene, so I immediately whipped out my phone and snapped a picture, uploaded it on my laptop and then very effectively forgot about it. A full month later, after coming back home for my internship and semester break, I finally found this picture in my Lightroom library. There was only one thing to do... clean it up and put it on the internet. Well, that's two things.

Moreover it got me thinking about the choices that I've made in my life so far. I seriously do not know how or why, all I know is that it just did. A little bit of pondering helped me understand that throughout my life I've always wanted to be different from all my friends and peers. I have always been cautious of being stereotyped and maybe somehow it has always been the base of my choices. When all of my friends were wasting time in idle talk, I was bloggin', when they were busy focusing on academics I tried my hand at a dozen extra activities.

Maybe this desire to stand out and be different was the one which guided my career choice. My entire family is a family of engineers. All and I mean ALL of my cousins are engineers and I was the next lamb to be sacrificed. But I guess that inherent trait or quirk, whatever you might call me, urged me to resist. Maybe that is why I deviated from the path laid down so impeccably by my cousins. Maybe that is why I chose to stand out and become the first lawyer in over 5 generations in my family. I'm not a lawyer yet, there are five more years of grooming. In the heart of my mind, I believe that I made the right choice. Yes, the family was a bit unhappy initially, but hey - no sacrifice, no victory.
Cheers to life people. Have a good day! Oh and do comment on the photo!

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

Recent Posts

About This Blog

I had been wanting to start a photolog for quite some time, but I guess couldn't find the time or probably a decent camera. But then in August, 2008 I bought a 2 MP, Nokia 6233.

It was an all-in-one phone and the camera wasn't that bad. So then I went on a picture taking spree and finally decided to make this blog! The years went by and the Nokia 6233 became obsolete. Then I had the bright idea of buying a Nokia Asha 302. It had a 3.2 MP camera which I shall now pit against the almighty 6233.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP